Monday, January 17, 2011




Today I started my James study with my Good Morning Girls. I am using the S.O.A.P. method for the very first time in my life.

S: Scripture-Write the ONE scripture that I feel God is using to speak to me in today’s reading

O: Observation-What might He be telling me with that scripture?

A: Application-How can I apply it to my life?

P: Prayer-What is my prayer to ask God in helping me to make that application?


I have always read my bible but I just love the way this method gets you to REALLY apply what you have read. I have also never wrote down my thoughts after reading. I am loving that I will have something that I can go back to read. I love scrapbooking but haven't done it in forever so I used this opportunity to make a cute book to record everything in.

3 comments:

  1. OH I love seeing your journal - and how you matted the schedule and Soap! I am so glad you have joined us! I pray you are blessed ten fold as you seek after God in his word!
    Keep walking with the King!
    Courtney

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh I loved looking at your journal too! Your soap graphic on the left side is so cute as well! Glad to read you are enjoying the S.O.A.P. method!

    Love God Greatly!
    -Angela

    ReplyDelete
  3. S.O.A.P. method is great!! And do you know about the SPECKA method. It is awesome too!:) Love getting to know you. Love, Jill

    ReplyDelete