Sunday, April 3, 2011

Tater Tot Casserole



The other night we had family over for dinner. It was 14 of us total. So I had to make a meal that was good and didn't kill my budget for the month. I decided that I wanted to try something new, cheap, and easy. I choose Tater Tot Casserole. I was a little nervous when making this. I had found a bunch of recipes but I liked a little from this one and a little from that one. So I made my own recipe. When making a meal for other people I stress and I stressed more because I had no idea if this would "come together" and taste good. My Family and guest LOVED it and asked for the recipe and my Hubby even said to "put it in rotation". I have included the prices I paid for the items with the recipe.



Tater Tot Casserole
Ingredients:
3lbs Ground beef $6.29
1 Tablespoon Garlic powder (had)
1 Tablespoon Onion powder (had
2 Diced onions $ .50
1 large can Cream of Mushrooms Soup $1.59
3/4 cup of milk (I eyed this so might need less) $ .50
1 large bag Mixed Vegetables(I think it is 2-3 Lbs) $1.88
1 bag Tater Tots $2.00
6 slices American Cheese $ .50

Directions:
Brown ground beef, Drain,add garlic and onion powder, add diced onions, cook for a few minuted to soften onions, add cream of Mushroom soup, add milk to thin out a bit, add in mixed vegetables, Transfer everything to a 9x13 pan, place cheese slices on top covering mixture, put tater tots on top of that. Bake for 1 hour on 400. Check on tots to make sure not burning and cooking.

This was so YUMMY and less than $1 per person. Definitely will make this again.

1 comment: